Sponsored by Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
As I sit here in North Carolina in early January already tired from an endless stream of cold days, a winter escape to the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort in The Bahamas sounds idyllic.
With its close proximity to Florida, it’s an exotic island getaway at your doorstep.
Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas brings to life the myth and legend of the lost city of Atlantis – a utopian civilization of happy and spiritually advanced people.
Combine that with the name Paradise Island, and you can rest assured, you have a blissful experience ahead.
International travel will start to be more of a focus for us in 2020, so we’re happy to kick start the year with our first destination idea – The Bahamas – an easy and idyllic vacation any time of the year in the Caribbean.
Not only does Atlantis, Paradise Island offer natural beauty, but the resort has immersive programming that connects you to the history, art, people, food, festivities and marine life of The Bahamas.
It’s mission is to show you Bahamas at Heart.
Best Deals for Atlantis, Paradise Island, for Travel in 2020
Firstly, let’s mention the current offer to begin your 2020.
No need to delay on your New Years Resolution for more fun and quality time with those you love. Go check out that current offer and all the special deals for Atlantis!
Where is Atlantis in the Bahamas?
Paradise Island is a small part of Nassau, the capital of The Bahamas. It’s located north of the eastern half of New Providence Island, which is 184 miles, or a 50 minute flight from South Florida.
You could even sneak away just for the weekend, but we recommend staying longer for your Bahamas vacation.
Atlantis, Paradise Island spans across 171-acres on Paradise Island. This oceanfront property is surrounded by beaches, lagoons and harbors.
Is Atlantis Kid Friendly?
Atlantis, Paradise Island is the perfect Bahamas family vacation destination for kids of all ages.
It’s not only kid-friendly but parent friendly, meaning it provides a healthy balance of what both parents and kids need from a vacation: time together AND time apart.
Parents can relax knowing their kids are well taken care of and have plenty of things to do to suit their interests, curiosities and sense of adventure.
Attractions such as a kids-only nightclub, themed adventure play rooms, and an ‘underwater’ video arcade and movie theatre keeps older kids busy all day long.
Keep reading as we share many Atlantis attractions that make this a wonderful family Bahamas vacation.
Best Things To Do In Atlantis Bahamas
Atlantis, Paradise Island Bahamas is more than just a place to stay; it’s a destination on its own with plenty of things to do to entertain and delight nearly every type of traveler.
Here are some of the biggest Atlantis Resort attractions that make your family vacation the best:
- 141-acre Aquaventure Water Park with water slides, river rides, pools and beaches
- The world’s largest open-air marine habitat
- Water activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving and scuba
- Yoga and Pilates
- A Fully equipped fitness center and tennis courts
- World class spa
- Marina Village has entertainment, shopping and dining by some of the most beautiful yachts in the world.
- Entertainment and Nightlife including complimentary movie theaters, comedy nights, nightclubs and special events
- 18-hole golf course
- 40 restaurants, bars, and lounges
- A world-class casino
Let’s go into detail about some of these amazing things to do at the Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island Bahamas.
The centerpiece of Atlantis Paradise Island is Aquaventure water park, a 141-acre theme park outfitted with rides, thrilling slides, 11 swimming pools and 5 miles of pristine white sand beaches.
It has a lush, tropical environment that offers a perfect vacation mix of fun and adventure and rest and tranquility.
All guests have FREE access to the Atlantis Bahamas Water Park.
Here are some of the waterslides at Aquaventure:
- Leap of Faith – The legendary water slide that plunges your fear-tightened body straight down almost vertically from the top of the Mayan temple into a pool of sharks. A 3 second fall that feels like eternity, and so fast you’ll only glimpse the sharks.
- Challenger Slide – Race your loved one down the twin high-speed slide of the Mayan Temple.
- Abyss – This 50-ft., near-vertical drop takes you 200 feet through the dark Power Tower into a cenote grotto at the bottom of the Abyss
- The Serpent Slide – encompasses to love about the Atlantis slides: a protective inner tube, mini-tsunamis that push you along, and sharks behind very strong glass. This one is slow enough to see the sharks!
- The Current – A mile long river that takes you through underground caverns, a temple that spouts mini-tsunamis at you, crazy rapids and right into the Power Tower for your choice of water slides.
Decide which waterslide is your favorite and let us know in the comments. The Abyss sounds great to me! And when you need a break from the thrill of the rides, head to the swimming pool of your choice for more water fun and relaxation.
Atlantis Resort Swimming Areas
Atlantis Swimming Pools
Atlantis, Paradise Island has a pool to suit all travel styles and desires. You could pool hop all day and still not experience all 20 swimming areas, 11 of which are pools.
Some of the hotel accommodations have their own pools, which we’ll explain in the accommodation section below.
Don’t worry the kids will not miss out. Three of them are designed especially with kids in mind.
- For Ultimate Relaxation – The Grotto Pool, complete with two cascading waterfalls, a secluded setting and preferred seating.
- For the Kids – Splashers is an elaborate Mayan-themed kids pool and water playground with tube slides, water cannons, and rope bridges for climbing.
5 Miles of White Sandy Beaches
There are three inviting beaches available to guests of Atlantis, each with its allure and charm, but all with the azure waters and shining white sand you HOPE you’ll have on a family vacation.
- Atlantis Beach is located in the heart of Atlantis Resort and is available to all resort guests. It’s close to The Beach, The Coral and The Royal.
- Paradise Beach is available for guests of The Cove and The Reef. One look at that sand and turquoise waters will have you booking your stay at one of these sanctuaries.
- Cove Beach is another more secluded and tranquil beach experience available for guests of The Cove.
Open Air Marine Habitat
Atlantis Paradise Island is home to one of the world’s largest open-air marine habitats encompassing 14 lagoons, eight million gallons of ocean water and more than 50,000 aquatic animals representing over 250 marine species.
Atlantis is committed to the sustainability, revitalization and education about the marine life in Bahamas.
Here is a little of Atlantis Paradise Island’s marine habitat success:
- One of only two aquariums in the Western Hemisphere to successfully care for and study manta rays. They have successfully released and tracked eight manta rays into the ocean as part of its research and release program. They are currently studying Coco – a female manta who lives in their Ruins Lagoon.
- Had the first ever Caribbean Reef shark and Black Nose shark born in a man-made environment.
- The only marine facility in the world to have had successful reproduction and birth of the small tooth sawfish.
- Atlantis Blue Project Foundation derives its funding from a portion of the proceeds from all marine interactions on the property. This non-profit creates and promotes solutions for a wide range of marine conservation challenges from coral degradation to species decline.
Guests can interact and engage with the marine life through various activities such as snorkeling the underground ruins of Atlantis, walking with sharks, scuba diving, joining excursions to nearby islands on charter boats.
You’ll love the story of how Dolphin Cay began.
It was opened in response to provide a safe haven for 17 stranded dolphins and a group of sea lions whose home was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
They have a state-of-the-art education center where you can learn about, and play with the dolphins and seals in both shallow and deeper water, on behind-the-scenes tours, and opportunities to paddleboard and kayak among the animals.
Atlantis Kids Adventures
We travel with our families to escape the chaos of a life of normalcy. But, it’s a chaos that only diminishes for parents. Even when on a relaxing break they still have so much to take care of.
That’s why vacations in places like Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas are good for parents. So much is taken care of that they do have more a chance to unwind.
With a kids club program (Atlantis Kids Adventures) as exciting as Atlantis, it gives them an even greater chance to simply collapse uninterrupted.
Perhaps lie on the beach and read a book, or have a quiet fancy dinner together.
Because you know fancy and kids don’t always go so well.
Atlantis Kids Adventures is for resort guests ages 3 to 12. They are invited to choose their own adventure within themed spaces designed specifically for children’s Atlantis imagination and enjoyment.
Adventure Guides (staff) are ready to help with culinary lessons, interactive electronic art, theater, outdoor play – and more.
The kids may not even want to come back.
(There is also a babysitter service available at the resort)
Dining at the Atlantis Resort, Bahamas
With 21 restaurants and 19 bars and lounges offering everything from fine dining to quick serve, you are adequately covered.
You will also find plenty of Bahamian flavors throughout the menus.
The following new restaurants at the Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas have authentic Bahamian dishes created in collaboration with local chefs and entrepreneurs:
- Sun & Ice by Chef Wayne Moncur
- Frankie Gone Bananas
- McKenzie’s Fresh Conch
- Pirate Republic Brewery
The resort offers two dining plans for your meals during your stay. You can find more information on them here.
Kid Friendly Dining
- Poseidon’s Table – Casual Dining with Live Cooking Stations
- Carmine’s – Casual Family Style Italian Dining
The following venues have Age Restrictions
- Nobu – Gourmet Japanese Cuisine (children under 6 can be seated at 5:30 & 6pm only)
- Cafe Martinique – Gourmet Epicurean French Delights (6 and up)
- Casa D’Angelo – Gourmet Tuscan Meets Bahamian Fares (children under 6 can be seated at 5:30, 5:45 and 6pm only)
Accommodations at Atlantis: Which is Best for Me?
Atlantis has five main accommodation sections, each with its own distinct feel to suit a particular vacation style.
The Beach: Value Minded Accommodation
Located at the end of the resort complex, with a short walk to get to the main hub area, The Beach at Atlantis is for the budget minded traveler seeking a casual and tropical Bahamas vacation close to the beach.
You’ll have easy access to Atlantis Beach, a lazy river, and large pool.
The Beach sees far fewer crowds and shuttle service is available to the main Atlantis features.
The spacious lobby is nearly always peaceful, and there’s a contemporary buffet restaurant, pottery painting, and build-a-bear workshops available as well.
The Coral: Family Friendly Accommodation
The Coral at Atlantis Bahamas is a bit closer to the action with easy access to Marina Village and Atlantis Beach.
In 2017 the Coral was renovated with refreshed rooms and suites, a new lobby lounge, a Bahamian-infused ice cream and gelato experience, Kids Concierge and a pool with swim-up bar, private cabanas and family friendly water activities.
Families will love a vacation at The Coral. It’s for travelers seeking easy access to amenities, but a slice of quiet paradise to escape to after they have had their fun.
The Royal: Majestic and Iconic Accommodation
The Royal at Atlantis Bahamas is the iconic tower featuring the famous Bridge Suite.
This is where you’ll find the inspiring mythology of the Lost City of Atlantis through the artwork and experiences at the Dig.
Centrally located, guests have easy access to a bustling casino, shopping, and most of the resort’s attractions, including the aquarium and water parks, luxury spa and Nobu restaurant.
Contemporary rooms are larger than rooms at the Beach and Coral Towers. The Royal will be renovated this year.
A stay at The Royal at Atlantis is for the vacationers who want to be at the center of it all and have the iconic Atlantis Resort experience.
Residential Reef: Luxurious Apartment Style Accommodation
This modern, luxurious condo-hotel tower, offers newly renovated residential-style units on the far edge of the resort grounds.
Big studios, one and two-bedrooms units are well-suited to families, and have pull-out sofas and fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes.
Although pricier, guests can save money here by cooking their own meals rather than dining out at the resorts.
The Reef is away from the bustling side of the resort with its own beach and a large family pool exclusive to Reef and Cove guests
A stay at The Reef Atlantis Bahamas is for those looking for a quieter more upmarket stay with access to self-sufficient amenities.
The Cove: Ultra-Luxurious Accommodation
Like the Reef, The Cove at Atlantis is your own mini-sanctuary that exudes a Bahamian warm heart.
Suites here have the feel of a trendy Upper West Side Manhattan apartment – only here you have ocean views!
The Cove shares a separate beach and large family pool with the neighboring Reef Tower, but Cove guests have exclusive access to the adults-only Cove Pool – a colorful oasis where Bahamian art and culture seamlessly intertwine.
A stay at The Cove is for the Jet-Setters, fashionistas and higher end travelers.
Now you have learned more about the all encompassing destination that is Atlantis Paradise Island, it’s time to choose your accommodation style and snag any special Atlantis Bahamas deals on offering to kick off the New Year!
Enjoy your Bahamas vacation. We hope to see you there soon. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below!